Social Media Lead Generation
In our over 20 years in the lead generation business, we have seen all sorts of new technologies make their way into the sales person’s toolbox. Strategic Sales & Marketing (SSM) has been providing lead generation services before the Internet and e-mail became part of the marketing mix. One of the most exciting tools for today’s lead generator is social media. Having a social media platform is essential in today’s marketplace. Our clients’ social media campaigns are about more than broad concepts like “engagement” and “brand awareness” – we believe that a social media campaign isn’t worth the effort unless it produces new business leads.
With our specialization in lead generation, we know how to integrate social media with outbound lead generation techniques. Our social media lead generation methodology draws the visitors into your sales funnel, and then qualifies prospects using more traditional techniques. Your social media efforts don’t have to stand alone – we will blend all of these lead generation activities into an overall program to boost your credibility and trust, find more sales leads, improve your lead qualification process, and put your sales team in position to close more deals.
Our B2B social media marketing strategy includes a robust combination of:
- Premium Article Publication: Stand out from your competitors by becoming known as a thought leader in your industry. We can help you create and distribute original content that shares your company’s expertise and shapes the latest knowledge in your industry. There are a lot of free article distribution sites – but most of these provide no value, because your decision makers don’t read them. Instead of using low-quality distribution sites, we’ll help place and publish your content on legitimate, widely read and respected news and commentary sites that are specific to your industry. We’ll put your articles in the publications that your prospects already read and trust for industry news & trends. Some of our articles have been featured in Business Insider, Small Business Trends, American Express Open Forum, and other top business sites.
- LinkedIn Lead Generation: Have you joined a large LinkedIn group and thought about the possibilities of owning your own group of that size? Owning a large vibrant LinkedIn group boosts your credibility and allows you to network and spread your message to industry leaders. We will work with you to build a strategy of bringing your connections, peers, and industry leaders into your group. This strategy includes “calls to action” on content, or other means of leveraging your existing business network. Being a group owner allows you to personally contact your decision makers, and makes that “cold introduction” into a very “warm introduction.” LinkedIn lead generation is a great addition to your current content marketing activities because it enables you to connect to a larger pool of prospects, while at the same time getting a deeper relationship with prospects so you can target your sales efforts accordingly.
- Social Media Content Management: Whether you need articles written for your blog, industry publications, eBooks, or any other social media content writing, we can help your business create its own distinctive voice in social media with professional, informative, well-researched social media content. We will create a messaging strategy to set you apart from the competition. Provide your readers with good insights and help solve their problems, and they will trust you. Great content helps draws visitors to your site, and ultimately guides prospects through your “call to action.” Our consultants will develop a strategy that allows you to build relationships with your prospective customers and help lay the groundwork for successful sales calls, long before you ever pick up the phone.
- Twitter Lead Generation: We can help you gain a better understanding of how to use Twitter “the right way” to benefit your business. Many business professionals use Twitter to boast about themselves and promote their latest blog article. Here’s a little tip: it’s not about you, it’s about your followers. Think about what they want to hear: industry news, trends, insights, business intelligence, and worthwhile thought leadership to help them boost their own business prospects. Our consultants can help you build a base of Twitter followers who can enter your sales funnel. And we’ll show you how to use smart, proven Twitter strategies to invite Twitter followers to sign up for your mailing list, download your thought leadership or respond to your special offer.
- Content Marketing: In the “old days,” companies had two choices for promoting themselves through the media – you could “buy” attention by placing an ad, or “beg” for attention by sending press releases pitching industry journalists to try to get featured in a news article. Today, companies are creating their own media platforms and are becoming their own publishers by using content marketing. Content marketing, when done correctly, will boost your individual and company credibility, and creates trust in your sales process. With content marketing, our consultants will help you create your own original articles and other interactive online content (such as infographics, white papers or YouTube videos) that shares your company’s expertise, engages your customers, and helps warm up the sales call. Content marketing enables your prospects to get to know you long before you pick up the phone or send an e-mail.
Are you ready to talk more about social media lead generation?
Keep in mind: we know that not every client has the same business needs or the same level of interest in using social media. We’ll work with you to find the right level of social media activity that makes sense for your business – and we’ll recommend customized ideas and strategies to suit your industry and your unique lead generation challenges.
Talk to us about how we can put our social media expertise to work as part of your overall lead generation efforts.